According to "introduction to cultural rebellion: mid-twentieth-century voices," which best states a key motivating factor for postwar american authors in a variety of genres? an agreement with mainstream political and social values an indifference to mainstream political and social values a global expansion of mainstream political and social values a disagreement with mainstream political and social values
20. D. They saw the Philippines as the gateway to new business opportunities with other Asian nations. Americans who advocated annexation showed a variety of motivations, the strongest of them being a desire for commercial opportunities in Asia.
21. A. Labor unions were seen as a threat to the entire capitalist system. Factories became unwilling to sign labor agreements in order to avoid any strikes from the workers.
22. A. It confirmed that Japan had become a world power. The three major defeats in the war convinced Russia that Japan's imperial desires for East Asia was futile and Japan emerged from the conflict as the first modern non-Western world power.
24. C. It advocated violent social change and complete control by the working class. "forcible overthrow of all existing social conditions."
26. A. the unification of the German states and the creation of an empire. Bismarck unified the German states into a powerful German Empire under Prussian leadership starting in the 1860s.
28. A. a feudal society to an industrial, capitalist nation.In 1868 Japan was a militarily weak country, primarily agricultural, and had little technological development. It was controlled by hundreds of semi-independent feudal lords.
31. A. the rapid growth of global imperialism and colonialism. By the end of the 18th century, Britain became the world's largest colonial power and the Industrial Revolution spread to the European mainland and across the Atlantic to the United States.
33. C. Suez Canal. British prime minister Disraeli acted without parliamentary authorization and bought the canal to greatly increase the British stake in Egyptian stability.
39. C. Nationalism.
(A) It is a Positive externality if the effect on third parties is beneficial.
(B) With positive externality, the social interest exceeds private interest, hence the demand curve shifts as seen attached.
(C) In the absence of interference, the quantity of market equilibrium would be less than the quantity which is socially optimal.
(D) Examples follow:Leading software corporation agrees to raise the budget for open-source development research. Nick planted numerous trees.
A) Functional and social value
Seeing the benefit that customers attribute to products is a marketing strategy to optimize sales and establish a brand that customers identify with. In this case, motorcyclists experience functional benefit and social benefit.
The functional benefit concerns the essential characteristics of the product, such as physical characteristics that please the consumer (eg the motorcycle scooter design). The social benefit is associated with the pleasure that the customer gets when purchasing the product. This is an individual benefit for each consumer, however, is an extrinsic advantage attributed to the product. For example, the status that the motorcycle brings to its owner.
Answer is option B, i.e. social value exceeds the private value at the private market solution.
Whenever there exist positive externalities due to production of various products, the social benefit that is received by those products are greater than the private benefits received, and thus, private market fails to reach the optimal equilibrium stage at private market solution. Therefore, answer is option B.
social value = private value = private cost < social cost.
POOPOOO EAT POOP
the answer is D.) a disagreement with mainstream political and social values. I just took the test