Poetry is a huge part of literary history. it is also a part of musical history. from the lyrics of ancient folk songs to those of modern-day rap, musicians have used words in their art to express life, love, and culture. whether the melody comes first or the words do, it is a poet's job to make them work together. the music and words become partners in the goal of expressing ideas or affecting the listener in some way. we have all been turned into mush by a beautiful song with a sad message, and we have the musical poets to for that. based on the sentences in this paragraph, which statement is accurate? sentence 1 is a complex sentence that varies the style and tone of the paragraph. sentence 3 is a complex sentence that varies the style and tone of the paragraph. sentence 5 is a compound sentence that varies the fluency and style of the paragraph. sentence 6 is a compound sentence that varies the fluency and style of the paragraph.
2) pretty sure the second option is the best one.
4)one of the twins
6)sentence 3 (I think)
7)no one expected that outcome
9)the first sentence given
1- 3rd one
the music and words become partners in the goal of expressing ideas or affecting the listener in some way.
explanation: it makes the most sense
D - Sentence 6 is a compound sentence that varies the fluency and style of the paragraph.
Just took the quiz!
Most of them are quite accurate.
1. Poetry is a huge part of literary history. Not very accurate because of the adjective huge; I would use important.
2. It is also a part of musical history. Pretty accurate because there is no denying that if forms a part, although a minor one, of musical history.
3. From the lyrics etc.; Accurate without a doubt: Woody Guthrie, Bob Dylan, Nick Drake, The Beatles and... The Last Poets
4. Whether etc.; Not accurate because it is a musician´s job etc.
5. The music and words; An accurate way of describing popular music.
6. We have all etc.; To personal to be really accurate, besides, musical poets are, with the few exceptions of people like Nick Drake, David Sylvian and some others that I cannot remember right now, a very rare breed.
I think i don’t really know. Sorry if this is the wrong answer.
The correct answers are:
1. The sentence “Bill needs to ask Jessica, or he may never know the truth.” is a compound sentence. Compound sentences are formed by combining two independent clauses with a coordinating conjunction such as for, and, nor, but, or, yet, so. In this case, the coordinating conjunction “or” has been used.
2. The correct revision of the passage presented above that best varies the sentence pattern without changing the meaning is “Jack and Manny are active kids who swim for the swim team and play instruments in the school band. Since they like to spend time outdoors, they also hike and surf.”. In this new passage, a relative clause (who swim for the swim team and play instruments in the school band) and a subordinate clause (Since they like to spend time outdoors) have been introduced without changing the original meaning.
3. The correct revision of the sentence presented above that best varies the sentence pattern without changing the meaning is “Kyle likes to cook meals for his family, and they enjoy every one”. This sentence includes the information presented on the three sentences about Kyle and his family.
4. The group of words that would correct the sentence fragment is “one of the twins”. The fragment “Always shows up late” is a verbal phrase that needs a subject. In this case, “one of the twins” would perform the function of subject of the clause and a sentence can be formed: “One of the twins always show up late”.
5. The sentence that could be added to the passage to best vary the sentence pattern and affect the fluency is “I sat quietly and watched as they began to build a nest.”. This sentence changes the pattern and affects the fluency of the previous ones, since it is just one sentence unlike the original two and there is a conjunction (“as”) that introduces an adverbial phrase of time meaning “during the time that”.
6. The statement that is accurate is the one that reads “Sentence 6 is a compound sentence that varies the fluency and style of the paragraph.”. This is because sentence 6 (We have all been turned into mush by a beautiful song with a sad message, and we have the musical poets to thank for that) is a compound sentence that joins two sentences together with the coordinating conjunction “or”.
7. The complete sentence is “No one expected that outcome”. This sentence has a subject (No one) and a verb phrase (expected that outcome). The rest of the options present clauses that are not fully completed either because there is no subject or there is no verb phrase.
8. The sentence “Holly sang along as the band played her favorite song” is a complex sentence. It is formed by the subject (Holly), the verb phrase (sang along as the band played her favorite song), and within the verb phrase there is an adverbial phrase with a finite verb (as the band played her favorite song).
9. The sentence that is a run-on is the one that reads “Sarah felt drowsy in school today she had trouble sleeping last night”. This sentence needs punctuation, since it presented two different ideas. There should be a period between “today” and “she”: Sarah felt drowsy in school today. She had trouble sleeping last night.
thank you for free points mark me as brainlist
thank you for free points mark me as brainlist